When you are pregnant, this is your number one enemy. Heartburn is a form of indigestion felt as a burning sensation in the chest, caused by Gastric acid regurgitation into the esophagus. Most women experience heartburn for the first time during pregnancy and unfortunately it disappears after childbirth.
Common Cause of Heartburn is that the lower esophageal sphincter, or LES doesn’t tighten as it should be, reason is because too much food in the stomach. Less sleep and stress also increases acid.
How to Prevent Heartburn:
- Eat and chew slowly.
- Eat small meals every 3 hours instead of three large meals.
- Drink less while eating coz drinking a large amount while eating may increase the level of acid causing heartburn sensation.
- Don’t lie down immediately after eating.
- Keep head high while sleeping at night.
- Avoid tight upper clothes.
- Safe medicine for pregnant: Tums and Maalox. Ref: Webmd
- Avoid medicine that contains sodium or sodium bicarbonate.
Eating is a Lifestyle